This free no-prep dividing by 10 game is a fun way to practice dividing by 10. Just grab some game pieces and dice and you are ready to play.
Is your tree up?
We tend to put it up the day before Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving weekend is so busy with family, and then when that is over we jump right back into our school week.
Wednesday has been our day to put up that tree.
And with the tree up, it is officially Christmas time, right? That’s right! So here we go with some Christmas printables…..a dividing by 10 game.
This is a very simple game to prepare.
- First, print off the game boards you want to use.
- Next, grab dice, game pieces, and a calculator.
And you are ready for your children to practice dividing by 10.
How to Divide by 10
Dividing by 10 seems like such an easy concept. You know, just take the zero off the dividend and you are good to go!
But it is important for our children to understand why this works. So before you jump into a game, I want to encourage you to do some hands-on activities that allow children to explore this concept.
This interactive notebook is an easy way to get children to divide using arrays.
The Game – Dividing By 10 Game
Now it is time for the game, and as easy it is to play as it is to prep!
- The first player rolls the die, and then moves that many spaces on the board.
- Next, player one solves the problem, while player two checks them using the calculator.
- If the answer is correct, then they get to stay where they are. If the answer is wrong, then they need to move back two spaces.
- Now, it is player two turn…and the same procedure takes place.
- Finally, the game ends when the first player reaches the finish square.
It is an easy game, but a wonderful way to get in some extra dividing practice! And much better than a worksheet. I hope you and your children enjoy!!
You’ve Got This,
Need a little more practice?
Try out these other activities.