Your children will love measuring angles with these fun clip cards. Grab these 20 clip cards today and get in some angle measuring practice.
After doing a standardized test, I made some changes regarding his math time.
Even though he was working in a book that was above his grade, he was flying through it. I seriously could give a three-minute instruction and he would be ready to go off and try it. Even more amazing, is that he would come back and all the problems would be correct.
After seeing where he scored on his test, I was ready to make a change. For the rest of the year, we are going to focus areas he didn’t score well on, and challenge him a little more.
One of those areas in geometry. It’s not that he can’t do it, he just hasn’t been exposed to it yet.
So here we come geometry, and measuring angles is the first on my list.
With just a little cutting, these cards are ready to go.
- First, print off the clip cards on card stock paper, and print off the recording sheet on regular paper.
- Next, cut out the clip cards and laminate for extra durability.
- Finally, get a protractor, clothespins, and some pencils and you are ready to go.
Before our sweet kiddos can begin measuring angles, there are three vocabulary words that they need to know.
They need to know that an acute angle is less than 90 degrees. A right angle is exactly 90 degrees, and an obtuse angle is greater than 90 degrees.
I love exploring these concepts at Math is Fun.
Now comes the measuring part.
- Step one is to make sure the vertex of the angle and the circle at the bottom of the protractor are matched perfectly.
- Now, one of the rays on the angle must be lined up exactly with the line on the protractor.
- Then, we follow the second ray and see what number it lands on.
- Finally, the student chooses the correct number based on whether the angle is acute or obtuse.
It is that simple.
I hope you enjoy these.
You’ve Got This,
This is a subscriber freebie. If you are already a subscriber, check the most recent email for the password. Not a subscriber? No Problem. Your chance to subscribe is below!