This no-prep springtime game is a fun way to work on multiplying decimals and whole numbers.
It is springtime here! Though the weather hasn’t quite made up its mind on whether it should be hot or cold, the pollen epidemic has hit.
“Beautiful” green sticky dust is covering our cars, slides, and the ground. And though the weather is warmer, we have to watch our outside time so allergies don’t get the best of us.
But despite this, we are loving the warming air and the blooming flowers.
And that means it is time for some spring printables. And this one helps children begin multiplying decimals and whole numbers.
This is a simple one.
- First, print off enough game boards for each player to have one.
- Next, gather up dice, game pieces, pieces to cover up Bingo board, and a calculator.
- And you are ready to go.
Super Z Outlet Assorted 1Learning Resources Transparent Color Counting Chips, Set of 250 Assorted Colored Chips, Ages 5+Super Z Outlet Assorted Colorful Dice in White, Red, Green for Board Games, Activity, Casino Theme, Party Favors, Toy Gifts (18 Pack)
Multiplying Decimals and Whole Numbers Game
The game is simple to play.
1.The players place their game piece at the beginning of the game board and then roll the die.
2. Next, they solve that problem. The other player checks it with the calculator. And if the answer is right, they cover up the answer on the BINGO board.
3. Player two takes their turn doing the same thing.
4. The game is over when someone covers up the whole board or get five in a row!!!
If you find that you have a struggling student, it may help to take a step back and let them explore with decimal grids or base ten blocks.
These word problems have children using decimal grids to solve multiplying decimals and whole numbers!
While this activity has children using base ten blocks.
I hope your children enjoy this fun way to practice multiplying decimals and whole numbers.
You’ve Got This,