Add and Subtract Within Five Games | Free Printables
Did you know that kindergarten students should be able to fluently add and subtract within five games? For them, we are going to introduce how to add and subtract within five games. That means without fingers, manipulatives, or number lines.
For some children, adding and subtracting within five fluently is easy. Numbers come easy to them, they have a good memory, or numbers just make sense. Here, in this article, we will show add and subtract within five games to teach your kiddos easily. For others, though they understand the concept of adding and subtracting, being able to quickly answer simple problems without support requires more work.
This is where games come in. It allows children to repeatedly practice their facts in a fun, non-pressure setting. To help your kiddos master fluently adding and subtracting within five you could give this FREE Bingo game a try or this simple board game may be the key!
A Game for Your Youngsters to Add and Subtract Within Five
Our children will be able to learn how to add and subtract within five very easily and interactively with the help of this game. This approach is quite successful. This method should assist your young champ in learning basic math operations and laying a solid calculating foundation.
Preparation Needed for the Game
- First, print pages back to back on card stock paper– if your printer does not do that, print off expressions first then flip the paper and print off the backgrounds.
- Next, cut out cards using the front. I made the background a little bigger. This way when you cut it out in the front everything will line up perfectly.
- Finally, gather up game pieces and you will be ready to go.
How to Play Add and Subtract Within Five Game
- Player one draws a game card and solves the problem. They then find that answer on the game board and move their game piece to that spot.
- It is then player’s two turns, and they follow the same procedures!
- Players take turns until they have an answer that is outside of their game piece. They then move to the END space! They are the winner!!
Download Free Printable PDF
Download the following PDF and play with your kiddo with joy.
Mastering math facts don’t have to be boring! Practice time doesn’t even have to end in tears of frustration. Just grab your free games and enjoy playing with your child! If you have any kind of questions or suggestions, feel free to write them down in the comment box. You’ve Got This! You may also like these kindergarten games: Wiggle to 100 Living vs Non Living Things Game
Hi there! This is Souptik Roy, a graduate of the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, working as a Content Developer for the You Have Got This Math project of SOFTEKO. I am a person with a curious and creative mind. After finishing my Engineering degree, I want to explore different fields. This is why I am working here as a content developer. I have a massive interest in creative content writing. When I find that someone can learn something from my articles, this gives a lot of inspiration. hopefully, you will find interest in my article, if you have a child and want to teach them math with fun.