These rounding to the nearest 100 worksheet will help to visualize and understand rounding numbers to the nearest 100 and number systems. 3rd-grade students will learn basic number rounding methods and can improve their basic math skills with our free printable rounding numbers worksheets.
9 Exciting Rounding to the Nearest 100 Worksheet
Please download the following rounding number worksheets and practice rounding on the pages.
Tips to Round a Number to the Nearest 100
Sometimes, you have to round a number in various mathematical problems. So, knowing the tips and tricks will make it easier for you to rounding.
Before going into our worksheets, let’s look at the following tips for rounding a number to the nearest 100. Understand these tips carefully, as they will be needed to solve all the problems given in the later discussion.
- Take a number, whether it is a two-digit or a three-digit one.
- See the digits of the Tens place of that number.
- If the digit in the Tens place is less than 5, then to round that specific number you have to change the digit in the Tens place and Ones place to 0.
- For example, look at the number 825. Here, the digit in the Tens place is 2, which is less than 5. So, to round this number, we will change both the numbers of Tens place and Ones place to 0. After rounding, 825 will become 800.
- Now, if the number in the Tens place is equal to 5 or more than 5, then you not only have to change the Tens and Ones place’s digit to 0 but also have to add 1 with the digit in the Hundreds place.
- For example, take the number 675. As the digit of Tens place is 7, which is more than 5, adding 1 to the Hundreds place and changing the later digits into 0, we get 700 after rounding up 675 to its nearest 100.
Rounding to the Nearest 100 on a Number Line
In the number lines below, some numbers are given. A number line is provided after each of the numbers.
Mark the number in the number line and circle the nearest 100 of that number after rounding.
Matching 3 Digit Number to the Nearest 100
Some three-digit numbers are given in the following worksheet. Also, some numbers that are multiples of 100 are given.
Your job is to find the nearest 100 for each of the numbers and draw a line to match them.
Rounding Numbers to Nearest 100 Bubble Game
Look at the following bubbles. In the center of each bubble, a clue is given.
You have to write four numbers that match the given clue. In this way, fill all the bubbles to finish this exciting activity.
Caterpillar Game for Rounding Number to the Nearest 100
See the caterpillars gathered in the following worksheet. Everyone has a number in each of their body segments.
Your task is to round them up to the nearest 100 and write them under the given numbers.
Rounding Number to Nearest 100 True or False Statement
Some statements on rounding the number to the nearest 100 are given at the end of this discussion.
Read each of the statements carefully and write True or False based on that statement.
Nearest 100 Rounding Multiple Choices
From the given numbers in the questions, find the nearest 100 of that number after rounding, and mark that answer in the given choices.
Rounding Number Math Riddles
You have to build a name from the clues after rounding certain numbers. Each of the numbers after rounding will give you an alphabet as a clue.
Rearrange these alphabets after rounding all the numbers and finding the desired text.
Rounding Number Word Problems
Some simple word problems based on rounding numbers are given in this section. Read each of the problems carefully and solve them to round all the numbers.
Rounding Numbers to 10 &100
Here, we are going to round numbers based on two criteria. The first one is to round numbers to the nearest 10, and the second one is to round numbers to the nearest 100.
I hope this will help you enhance your skill at rounding numbers.
Download Free Worksheet PDF
Download the following combined PDF and enjoy your practice session.
So today, we’ve discussed rounding to the nearest 100 worksheet using the concepts of rounding numbers, place value of a digit in a number, guessing number position on a number line, and some interactive matching games, multiple choices, math riddles, and word problems. Download our free worksheets, and after practicing these worksheets, students will surely improve their mathematical skills and have a better understanding of rounding numbers.