Dividing Multiples of 10
Grab this FREE low-prep game for extra practice dividing multiples of 10. This game has children spinning, solving problems, and covering up the answer.
I’m loving creating printables for the fall, and I’m loving that our weather is cooler now!!! So today I have one more new math printable with a pumpkin theme.
It is a simple game that gets children introduced to two-digit division.
We all know that division can be difficult, so this game is a great way to take that step from one-digit division problems to two-digit division problems. Why?
Because today we will just be focusing on dividing multiples of 10.
Dividing Multiples of 10 Game
It is important before the game that the children know how to divide multiples of ten, and one of the best ways to do this is with base ten blocks.
Let’s say we are dividing 80 by 4.
We begin by asking our children what the dividend is, the number being divided up. Since the dividend is 80, we go ahead and get out 8 longs.
Now we ask them what the divisor is, or how many equal groups we are dividing the 80 up into. The correct answer is 4, which means we draw four circles on our paper.
Now, all we have to do is distribute the 8 longs into the circles. Of course, we end up with 2 longs or 20 in each circle, so the quotient (the answer) is 20.
After a little practice with this, now it is time for the game.
- First, print off pumpkins (one for each player) and print off the spinners (1 page for two players)
- Next, gather up board markers. To make the spinner you will need pencils and paper clips or premade spinners. You can also provide calculators.
- To begin, player one spins the spinner made of a pencil and paper clip.
- Next, player one solves the problem, and player two checks it on the calculator.
- Then, if player one answered correctly, he may cover up that number on the pumpkin.
- Now it is player two’s turn to spin and solve, while player one checks the math.
- Players take a turn doing this until someone has covered up every number on the pumpkin.
It is that simple, and it comes with the practice of dividing multiples of 10.
Dividing Multiples of 10 Game Printable
Below is the free dividing multiples of 10 game. You can download this game by clicking on the download button and printing it from your device.Dividing-Multiples-of-Ten-Game