These repeated addition activities with worksheets will help to visualize and understand repeated addition systems. 3rd grade students will learn basic addition methods and can improve their basic math skills with our free printable repeated addition activities with worksheets.
5 Exciting Worksheets to Practice Repeated Addition Activities for Your Little Champ
Please download the following repeated addition activities with worksheets and practice addition problems on the pages.
Repeated Addition: Basic Idea
Repeated addition is simply adding identical groups. It is the basis of multiplication. To understand repeated addition much more clearly, let’s imagine a scenario.
Our little friend Rossie is roaming around in the garden on a sunny day. He just learned the basics of addition. Suddenly he sees two butterflies flying like two ballet dancers. Out of curiosity, he chases them, and then he sees those colorful butterflies disappearing through two dense bushes.
Little Rossie becomes sad, and he starts to return to his previous spot. On the walkway through the garden, he notices two snails crossing the road very slowly. Then he returns home and tells his mother about his garden adventure. His mom smiles and asks her little champ, “So dear, how many animals and objects did you observe today? Can you add them up?”
Treasure Hunt Game for Repeated Addition Activities
Everyone enjoys playing “treasure hunts.”
- The students will be given a set of numbers which will be the clue for their treasure hunt game. The key number of the treasure box is 20.
- So if one student adds up to 20 using all four steps, then he will be the winner.
The teacher will give them the clue that all the steps can be unlocked with the same clue, and the clue is “Repeat the Number!”
Counting the Emoji for Repeated Addition Activities
This worksheet contains counting emojis for repeated addition activities.
- Add up the emojis for this time.
- Write the answers.
Repeated Addition Activities by Counting Doughnuts
This method contains doughnuts repeated addition.
- I made sixteen doughnuts.
- Firstly, I will give them 8 doughnuts and ask them to count.
- Then I will give them another 8 doughnuts and again ask them to count.
- They will add up the doughnuts one by one.
- After that when the calculation is done I will check the correct answer which is 16 and give them doughnuts to eat.
Repeated Addition Bingo Game
The word “BINGO” is written across the top of bingo scorecards, which include 25 numbers. Five of those squares must be filled in a row, either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally.
- The person who announces repeated addition, such as 8+8, is known as the caller, and the other players will decide what the sum is.
- Then the caller again shouts, “7+7+7.”
- The players will add up the repeated numbers and find the sum in the scorecard.
- A player will shout “Bingo” to the other players to let them know they have won when they have five covered squares in a row on their scorecard.
- The caller will stop creating new pairings if “Bingo” is called.
Fishing Game for Repeated Addition Activities
Give a worksheet of the fishing game and ask them to catch the same color fish.
- One will catch 5 bluefish and the other will catch 4 redfish.
- After that, I give one of them 5 blue fish and ask him to add them up.
- And then I give 4 redfish to another one and also ask to add them up.
Download Free Printable Worksheet
Download the following combined PDF and enjoy your practice session.
So today, we’ve discussed repeated addition activities with worksheets using the concepts of repeated addition and treasure hunt game. Download our free worksheets, and after practicing these worksheets, students will surely improve their mathematical skills and have a better understanding of repeated addition.
Welcome to my profile. I have done my graduation from Ahsanullah University Of Science and Technology in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Currently, I have started working as a Content Developer for “You’ve got this math” at SOFTEKO. As an Electric engineer, I always try to achieve innovative knowledge. I have an interest in research articles on different ideas. Also, I really like to solve innovative and mathematical problems. I really hope I’ll do better in the future as an Engineer.