These area and perimeter worksheets with answers PDF will help to visualize and understand area and perimeter problems. 5th and 6th grade students will learn basic area and perimeter problem solving methods and can improve their basic math skills with our free printable area and perimeter worksheets with answers PDF.
8 Exciting Practicing Area and Perimeter Worksheets with Answers PDF
Please download the following area and perimeter worksheets with answers PDF and practice problems on the pages.
Worksheet for Finding Area And Perimeter of Triangle
- If a student wants to find the area of a triangle, she will multiply “1/2 x base x height,” which is ” 1/2 x 12 x 6 = 36 square m.” Here, the base is 12 m and the height is 6 m.
- On the other hand, if she wants to calculate the perimeter of a triangle, she will write the formula, which is the addition of the three arms of the triangle, and the answer will be “4+8+12=24 m”.
Worksheet for Identifying Area and Perimeter of Rectangle
When Identifying the area of a rectangle, multiply the length by the width.
- Area of rectangle = Length x Width.
- Such as if the length and width are given as 3 cm and 6 cm, respectively. The area will be “3 x 6 =18 square cm”.
- There are various methods for calculating a rectangle’s perimeter; pick the one you like best.
- Separately, add up the lengths of each side.
- The lengths of the adjacent sides should be multiplied by two and added.
- Double the result after adding the adjacent sides.
- If you choose the last method, you will add “3 + 6 = 9 “ and multiply 9 by 2, which is 18 cm.
Worksheet for Determining Area and Perimeter of Square
The formula for the area of a square is the multiplication of the sides of the square.
- If a student wants to find the area of a square, she will multiply “side x side,” which is ” 5 x 5 = 25 square feet.” Here, the sides are 5, as a square has four equal arms.
- On the other hand, if she wants to calculate the perimeter of a square, she will write the formula, which is the addition of the four arms of the square, and the answer will be “5+5+5+5=20 feet”.
Worksheet for Finding Parallelogram’s Area and Perimeter
When identifying the area of a parallelogram, multiply the base by the height.
- The area of the parallelogram is the multiplication of base and height.
- Such as if the length and width are, respectively, 7 cm and 12 cm. The area will be “7 x 12 =84 square cm”.
- On the other hand, if she wants to calculate the perimeter of a parallelogram, she will write the formula, which is the addition of the two adjacent sides of the parallelogram, and multiply by 2.
- So, the perimeter = (5+12) x 2 = 34 cm.
Worksheet for Identifying Area of Trapezoid
If you want to calculate the area of a trapezoid, it will be “1/2 x (length1 + length2) x height”.
These free worksheets contain these types of problems with answers.
Worksheet for Finding Area and Perimeter of Irregular Shapes
These worksheets include calculating the area of rectilinear forms.
- A shape composed of rectangles is referred to as rectilinear.
- By summing the side lengths, one may get the perimeter.
- By calculating the rectangles’ areas and adding them together, you can find the area.
Worksheet for Determining Circle’s Area and Circumference
When calculating the area of a circle, multiply by the radius.
- Area of circle = π x radius x radius.
- Such as if the radius is given 10 m. The area will be “π x 10 x 10 = 100π square m.”
- On the other hand, if she wants to calculate the perimeter of a circle, she will write the formula, “2 x radius x π ”.
- Such as if the radius is given 10 m. The area will be “2 x π x 10 =20π m.”
Worksheet for Solving Real Life Area and Perimeter Word Problems
In this method, you face some real-life area and perimeter word problems.
The answers are also given for your convenience.
Download Free Worksheets PDF
Download the following combined PDF and enjoy your practice session.
So today, we’ve discussed area and perimeter worksheets with answers PDF using the concepts of identifying area and perimeter of circle, triangle, square, rectangle, and some interactive word problems. Download our free worksheets, and after practicing these worksheets, students will surely improve their mathematical skills and have a better understanding of area and perimeter.